Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Other Dark Side

When people stop giving a darn
I look for this short, beautiful cairn
This marks a special place for me
Where I can pretend that I am Free

I want to get away from those who rant and rave
Do they even care about this Life they save?
Until I know that I can behave
I spend my time in this dark cave

Do people turn to crime because they were not loved enough?
Or is it a fragmented sequence in their DNA stuff?

I want to feel normal
My condition appears to be hormonal

Who are you to take a Life?
I really want to be over this strife
Does this story end with a knife?
I still yearn to be a happy wife

"We all have two sides," says my friend Steven
It just makes sense to be balanced and to be even

I am a hibernating bat who wants woken
I want fixed, just tired of feeling broken

I am the bat who drank the PBR
Where you cannot see a single star

1 comment:

  1. "We all have two sides." How true. It gets fun when those two sides (or more) start competing for first place and opposing desires drive you into a circular battle that you can't win. The brain is an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete