Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bad Day

To the first sorry hole
Who took a piece of my Soul
You are a work of art
Do you know how much you took apart?

I wish I could go ghetto all over your ass
Everything coming out of my mouth would be brass
But ingrained in me is act with class

Born of a liar and an alcoholic beater
Ironic that you've never met another girl that's sweeter
But if you lie to me or touch my knee
I will show you a different side of me

I learned long ago not to feel
The mind will distort what is real
Don't ever let it show
Cuz this is how you grow
Keep it all inside
I might as well take cyanide

I would not let you have that power
That is why I cry only in the shower

I go through Life like a thief
I am numb beyond belief
When I peed on a stick, I felt grief
If I died now, it would be a relief

Would I do the same to thee
Cuz the apple does not roll far from the tree?

2 comments:

  1. I have bad days... I feel more like writing on bad days. It helps me get through them. Though I'm not so great at it.

    Life is short make sure you love as much as possible.

    This poem is sad but full of feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely use pen and paper (keyboard and monitor) to express what I feel and to vent angst. It was deeply ingrained that emotions be kept in check. Now I am finding that it is best to feel the real. Take care! Peace

    ReplyDelete